Violet highlights so far (no actual spoilers, but still cw)
• I've killed my ride #Pokemon maybe 5 times by now
• Ran into so many tiny things too
• One time I accidentally knocked out what was most probably a shiny
• I'll probably never qualify for a job at Subway
• My chronic inability to read maps properly sure gets me places
Also, my trainer spent the first few hours looking eerily like Haman Karn from Zeta Gundam before I finally managed to find a salon.
I visited most of the Southern Area 5 (south east area) yesterday, before getting my third gym badge (I wanted to check if there was ground pokémon there since I'm doing the electric badge next).
The area is completely optional (and the pokémon center of that area is at the end of the road), but you can get interesting pokémon there, like , and .
If you didn't noticed, in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, the game saves the order in which you get your badges (of any kind) and can display it.
Go to the map and zoom out completely to display the full region. You'll see numbers on the map where you got your badges. When moving the cursor on a number you'll see the corresponding badge.